Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Inspired by a Peruvian shrimp ceviche recipe from Rick Bayless this is a delicious appetizer or first course.
- 3 limes (squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (ground)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb frozen uncooked peeled shrimp
- 1⁄2 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley (chopped) or 1⁄4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- To quickly defrost shrimp place into bowl filled with cold water in sink and allow trickle of water from faucet to flow into in overflowing the top.
- Fill medium pot with water and bring to boil over high heat. Place defrosted shrimp into hot water for a few minutes until they are pink and no longer translucent.
- Drain and slice shrimp in half lengthwise from head to tail, allow to cool.
- Combine lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper into blender and puree until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine shrimp, onion, jalapeno, and parsley or cilantro. Stir in lime mixture and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.