Recipe by c@teberry
My nutrition professor gave us this recipe one day in class. He claimed it was absolutely delicious and only 80 calories.
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ounces canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into a medium dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced into rings (about 1/4 cup)
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (16 to 20 per lb)
- 1 head red lettuce leaf, washed drained, and torn into pieces (about 8 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix the sherry vinegar with the mustard, tarragon, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoons each salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in 4 tbs. of the oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomato, and shallot. Add 3 tbs. of the vinaigrette and stir gently to combine.
- Toss the shrimp with the remaining 1 tbs. oil and season with salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat and then cook the shrimp until opaque throughout, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Toss the lettuce with half of the remaining vinaigrette (add more to taste).
- For individual servings, portion the lettuce among the serving plates. Spoon the beans on top of the greens and top each salad with two or three shrimp, depending on how many servings you're making.
- To serve buffet style, arrange a layer of lettuce, the beans, then the shrimp. Serve immediately.