Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
A New Orleans recipe. The sauce is supposed to be thin.
- 2 lbs unpeeled medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- hot cooked fettuccine
- shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Peel shrimp, and devein.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add shallots and garlic.
- Saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth and next 4 ingredients.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp, cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat, and serve over fettuccine.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Made this for our romantic anniversay dinner. I must say, it is the best. My DH was so impressed. Very classy and elegant. Thanks.
Enjoyed the flavor of this dish but the sauce was far too thin, even after trying to reduce it for over 15 minutes. Maybe using heavy cream, instead of half-and-half might work better.