Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so fun.. We have been making this for years, but never were exact with our measurements. This is from Martha Stewart.
- 2 lemons, halved
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup Old Bay Seasoning, plus
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 large head of garlic, halved horizontally
- 3 onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 dried red chili
- sea salt, to taste
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, tied together with kitchen twine
- 1 lb red potatoes, unpeeled, halved if large
- 4 ears corn, husked, halved crosswise
- 1 lb large shrimp, unpeeled, deveined (shells split lengthwise)
- hot sauce
- Fill a large stockpot with 4 quarts water. Squeeze lemons into water, add rinds.
- Add bay leaves, seasoning, garlic, onions, chile, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, simmer 12 minutes.
- Add corn, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp: cover and simmer until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with salt; serve with hot sauce and lemon wedges.
This is quick and super tasty! My family loved it!