This is a delightful recipe I thought I would share with you! Cooking time just depends on how long it takes to cook your shrimp and make it come to a boil... so please just follow directions and pay less attention to cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled,deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 1To start, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add shrimp, onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink.
- 3Remove from saucepan; set aside.
- 4Next, melt remaining butter in same saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Stir in flour.
- 6Gradually stir in water, ketchup, bouillon, bay leaf, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
- 7Boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low.
- 8Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- 9Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- 10Discard bay leaf.
- 11Stir in evaporated milk and wine.
- 12Heat through, but PLEASE-- do not boil.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.8
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 258.4 mg
- Sodium 478.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: