Recipe by love4culinary
This is a delightful recipe I thought I would share with you! Cooking time just depends on how long it takes to cook your shrimp and make it come to a boil... so please just follow directions and pay less attention to cook time.
Top Review by cookinboilermaker
Made this for my DH, DS, and DD--the baby is still to young to appreciate this! DH told me that I outdid myself on the bisque and it was outstanding. I followed the recipe almost as is...sauteed the celery and onion for a few mintues before adding the shrimp. The only change would be to add a little black pepper next time. Excellent soup and EASY recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled,deveined and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- To start, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shrimp, onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from saucepan; set aside.
- Next, melt remaining butter in same saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in water, ketchup, bouillon, bay leaf, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
- Boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Stir in evaporated milk and wine.
- Heat through, but PLEASE-- do not boil.