Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From my files- may have been from Better Homes and Gardens but not certain.
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 226.79 g shrimp, peeled, deveined, finely chopped
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml rice wine or 44.37 ml dry sherry
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 236.59 ml fresh snow pea, halved crosswise
- 177.44 ml carrot, thinly sliced
- 113.39 g tofu, cubed
- 44.37 ml green onions, thinly sliced
- For shrimp balls, in a mixing bowl combine egg white, cornstarch, and ginger.
- Add shrimp and mix well.
- In a Dutch oven combine broth, rice wine, pepper and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and add shrimp mixture by rounded teaspoons; return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add pea pods, carrots, tofu, and green onion.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes more until vegetables are crisp-tender.