Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a beautiful appetizer for a crowd. My favorite way to serve it is on the appetizer table allowing guests to use a decorative toothpick to spear their servings. It can also be drained and served on lettuce leaves. The leftovers will keep for several days in the fridge.
- 2 lbs large cooked shrimp
- 4 ounces hard salami, cubed bite-size
- 6 ounces provolone cheese or 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, cubed bite-size
- 2⁄3 cup jumbo black olives
- 2⁄3 cup green olives
- 2 cups bell peppers (mixed red, yellow, green peppers)
- 1 cup oil (I use 1/2 olive ad 1/2 vegetable oil)
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Combine lemon juice, thyme, sugar, and Dijon in bowl and then slowly whisk in oil. Set aside. Combine shrimp, cheese, olives, peppers in large bowl. Cover with vinaigrette and marinate overnight or at least 6 hours. Add salami just before serving. Drain and serve on lettuce leaves or just place bowl at appetizer table and allow guests to use decorative toothpicks to spear nibbles.