1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Scallop Risotto
1 hr 5 mins
I got this from an old Reader's Digest cookbook. Haven't made it in years, but I just dug all my books out of the garage after moving, and remembered how great this one is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 226.79 g bay scallops or 226.79 g sea scallops, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 59.14 ml minced parsley
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 354.88 ml long grain white rice
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomato, cored, peeled and chopped
- 226.79 g asparagus spears
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat butter and oil in 6 quart pot on medium heat.
- 2Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- 3Add shrimp, scallops, and parsley, and sauté, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- 4Transfer mixture to plate with slotted spoon.
- 5In the drippings, sauté the onion until limp- about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in rice, broth, water, salt, and 1/8 tsp of the pepper.
- 7Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- 8Add celery, carrots and tomato, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Lay asparagus on top, cover and simmer 5 minutes longer or until asparagus and rice are tender.
- 10Stir in seafood mixture and heat to serving temperature.
- 11Stir in cheese and remaining pepper.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Scallop Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 111.9 mg
- Sodium 1509.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 29.7 g