Recipe by howmanybites?
I got this from an old Reader's Digest cookbook. Haven't made it in years, but I just dug all my books out of the garage after moving, and remembered how great this one is!
Top Review by Jaudon
This is an amazing recipe! I made as directed, but used arborio rice and slowly stirred the broth into it (how traditional risotto is made). I also added green onions and omitted celery. Thanks for the fantastic recipe!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 226.79 g bay scallops or 226.79 g sea scallops, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 59.14 ml minced parsley
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 354.88 ml long grain white rice
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, cored, peeled and chopped
- 226.79 g asparagus spears
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil in 6 quart pot on medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, scallops, and parsley, and sauté, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to plate with slotted spoon.
- In the drippings, sauté the onion until limp- about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice, broth, water, salt, and 1/8 tsp of the pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add celery, carrots and tomato, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lay asparagus on top, cover and simmer 5 minutes longer or until asparagus and rice are tender.
- Stir in seafood mixture and heat to serving temperature.
- Stir in cheese and remaining pepper.