Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Shrimp and Ramen noodles are aways in my kitchen!
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp
- 6 ounces shrimp-flavored ramen noodles or 6 ounces mushroom-flavored ramen noodles
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil or 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 cup fresh pea pods, strings and tips removed or 3 ounces frozen pea pods, thawed
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion (4)
- 1⁄4 cup bottled hoisin sauce or 1⁄4 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a 3-quart saucepan cook noodles with seasoning packet according to package directions. Drain noodles.
- Return noodles to pan and toss with toasted sesame oil.
- Snip through noodles several times with kitchen scissors. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet pepper strips; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add pea pods and bok choy; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, green onions, hoisin sauce, orange juice, and crushed pepper, if using; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- To serve, place noodles on serving plates.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture over noodles and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Oh, yum! This recipe is a real gem. I only made minor changes- I started with raw shrimp, and added them with the bok choy, I also added salt with the peppers and pea pods, but just a little and I always season my veggies when they go in the pan. I chose hoisin and sesame oil instead of the cooking oil and stir fry sauce- I really think the hoisin was key to making this such a treat. I also chose to add the optional pepper flakes, which I put in at the very beginning while the oil was heating, in order to carry the flavor to everything the oil touched. This had the best qualities of a weeknight meal- fast, easy, and tasty! Thanks for posting a winner!
This was a great recipe and we really enjoyed the Asian flavors. I especially liked the ramen noodles. The mix of veggies was wonderful and the addition of shrimp is always a bonus! The only thing I would do differently is to make the sauce thicker - I might try adding corn starch to the finished sauce next time. Thank you so much for a fun and yummy recipe!
What a wonderful surprise. I was taken aback...this is not only easy to prepare but the flavor is so good... We really enjoyed it. I picked up a packet of "shrimp" Ramen noodles and decided to cut the recipe in half because there is just the two of us...an low an behold they come in 3 oz. packages. FYI. Check the amount before preparing. I used cooking oil, (only because I didn't notice the sesame oil option). It still was delicious. This is going in my best of 2010 cookbook. Thanks for posting. :)