This recipe is a simple scaled down version of the Naked Chef's recipe for Prawn and Pea Risotto with Basil and Mint. Colorful, simple and the peas and shrimp make it really sweet. Comfort Food at its finest. Thanks Jamie!! =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 lb shrimp (frozen raw , peeled)
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional)
- 3 pints canned chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 head celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat stock.
- 2In a separate fry pan heat the olive oil.
- 3Add onion, garlic and celery and slowly fry for about 3 minutes.
- 4Add rice to veggies Season with s& p and turn up the heat.
- 5As the rice begins to fry, stir it.
- 6After a minute it will look slightly translucent Add your first ladle of hot stock and a 1/8 tsp.
- 8Turn down the heat to a simmer.
- 9Keep adding ladles of stock for 15 minutes, stirring and allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding the next.
- 10Add stock until the rice is soft but firm Remove from the heat.
- 11Add butter and Parmesan Stir gently.
- 12Place lid on pan and allow to sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 13Add shrimp and peas and simmer for 1 minute.
- 14S& P to taste Serve with a bit of olive oil drizzled over the top.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Pea Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 643.1
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 202.4 mg
- Sodium 784.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 32.1 g