Recipe by Aroostook
This recipe is a simple scaled down version of the Naked Chef's recipe for Prawn and Pea Risotto with Basil and Mint. Colorful, simple and the peas and shrimp make it really sweet. Comfort Food at its finest. Thanks Jamie!! =)
Top Review by KK
This was very good, although I will use only one stalk of celery if I make it again. The shrimp also needed a little more time than the recipe indicates. It also could use a little pizzazz - maybe the basil and mint that were part of the original recipe would boost the flavor. This was my first experience making risotto, and the amount of liquid was right and the texture was exactly what it should have been. Thanks for the recipe! K
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 lb shrimp (frozen raw , peeled)
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional)
- 3 pints canned chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 head celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat stock.
- In a separate fry pan heat the olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic and celery and slowly fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add rice to veggies Season with s& p and turn up the heat.
- As the rice begins to fry, stir it.
- After a minute it will look slightly translucent Add your first ladle of hot stock and a 1/8 tsp.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Keep adding ladles of stock for 15 minutes, stirring and allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding the next.
- Add stock until the rice is soft but firm Remove from the heat.
- Add butter and Parmesan Stir gently.
- Place lid on pan and allow to sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and peas and simmer for 1 minute.
- S& P to taste Serve with a bit of olive oil drizzled over the top.