Mushroom and Pea Risotto
- Ready In:
- Put the dried mushrooms in a bowl and pour over 100ml hot water. Leave to soak for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid, and chop.
- Cook the onion in 1 tbsp oil and half the butter, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, then add the soaked mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the rice and stir over a low heat for 1 minute, then add the white wine, if using, and simmer until it has almost evaporated.
- Add the reserved mushroom liquid and the hot stock, a ladleful at a time and stir. Make sure the hot stock has been almost absorbed before you add the next ladleful. Stir frequently and continue cooking for 12 minutes.
- While the risotto is cooking, heat the rest of the oil and butter in a frying pan and cook the sliced fresh mushrooms until they shrink. Add to the risotto with the pan juices and the peas and continue cooking, adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, until the rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in half the chopped parsley. Serve the rest sprinkled on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!