Chicken, Mushroom and Pea Risotto.
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A delicious risotto that is easy to prepare and cook.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 300 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely grated smoked cheese
- Boil peas until tender.
- Bring stock, water and wine to boil in a large saucepan, cover, keep hot.
- Heat half the oil in a large frypan.
- Cook mushrooms, stirring, until soft, remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil, cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add rice, stir to coat in oil mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup of the stock mixture, cook, stirring, over low heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding stock mixture in I cup batches, stirring until absorbed after each addition.
- Total cooking time should be about 35 minutes or until rice is just tender.
- Stir in cooked peas, mushrooms, chicken and cheeses, stir until hot.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION