Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
Courtesy Emeril Lagasse, from The Essence Of Emeril - "It's Just Shrimp" episode. Made it just as listed and it was delicious! With the exception of all the jalapenos and I tossed it w/out the basil and when I had served myself - I added the basil. We all loved it! Used Emeril's Essence. :)
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons essence seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Set a large 1-gallon stock pot of water to a boil and add the kosher salt.
- Place the linguine in the pot and stir the pot until the water returns to a boil.
- Cook the pasta until tender, but with a bit of resistance (al dente), about 12 minutes.
- Drain a reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the sauce.
- Set a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the butter and olive oil to the pan.
- Once the butter has melted, season the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the Essence and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and add the shrimp to the pan.
- Sear the shrimp until well browned on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and jalapenos to the pan and saute until the onions are softened and lightly caramelized, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cream, remaining 1 tablespoon of Essence, remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons of the salt and the pepper to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook the sauce until the cream is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pan, and add the tomatoes, linguine and the reserved cooking water to the pan and cook, tossing to incorporate for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the Pepper Jack, Parmesan, parsley and basil and toss to blend.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
Delicious!!! I did not add any pasta water because it would have made the sauce too runny. I also added some peas and capers, and used Mexican Shredded Four Cheese. Came out delicious!!! Will definitely make again.