Courtesy Emeril Lagasse, from The Essence Of Emeril - "It's Just Shrimp" episode. Made it just as listed and it was delicious! With the exception of all the jalapenos and I tossed it w/out the basil and when I had served myself - I added the basil. We all loved it! Used Emeril's Essence. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons essence seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1Set a large 1-gallon stock pot of water to a boil and add the kosher salt.
- 2Place the linguine in the pot and stir the pot until the water returns to a boil.
- 3Cook the pasta until tender, but with a bit of resistance (al dente), about 12 minutes.
- 4Drain a reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- 5While the pasta cooks, prepare the sauce.
- 6Set a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat.
- 7Add the butter and olive oil to the pan.
- 8Once the butter has melted, season the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of the Essence and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and add the shrimp to the pan.
- 9Sear the shrimp until well browned on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- 10Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 11Add the onions and jalapenos to the pan and saute until the onions are softened and lightly caramelized, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 12Add the garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 13Add the cream, remaining 1 tablespoon of Essence, remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons of the salt and the pepper to the pan and bring to a boil.
- 14Cook the sauce until the cream is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- 15Return the shrimp to the pan, and add the tomatoes, linguine and the reserved cooking water to the pan and cook, tossing to incorporate for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 16Remove pan from the heat and add the Pepper Jack, Parmesan, parsley and basil and toss to blend.
- 17Serve immediately & enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Pasta in a Tomato-Chile Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.4
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 207.6 mg
- Sodium 5922.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: