Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
To the seared shrimp, try replacing the white or black pepper with ground chile pepper, like chipotle or ancho.
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded if desired
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- white pepper or black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb medium uncooked peeled shrimp
- 10 cups mixed greens, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 small red onion, halved, cut in slivers
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, cut in wedges
- For the dressing, mince the cilantro and jalapeno in a food processor or blender. Add the oil, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey and salt to taste; mix well.
- For the salad, heat the oil in a medium skillet; add the cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Add shrimp; cook over high heat until cooked through, 3-5 minutes, flipping as necessary. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- Mix salad greens and red onion in a serving bowl; toss with dressing. Arrange shrimp and avocado over top.