Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by a recipe from the Creme de Colorado cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 9 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, cubed
- Cook fettuccine and keep warm.
- In a large skilled, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add parsley, shrimp, and vermouth. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until shrimp is pink. Don't overcook! Transfer to a small bowl.
- In same skillet, heat 3 tablespoons butter until melted. Reduce heat to low and add cream, parmesan, and red pepper flakes. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and sauce is smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Serve: Place fettuccine is a service dish; add shrimp then top with avocado. Toss gently.
This was very tasty, and easy to make. I used fresh basil instead of parsley, marsala instead of vermouth, and farfalle instead of fettuccini, because that's what I had at home. I also left out the red pepper flakes, because we don't like the spiciness. Will definitely make this again.