Kathy at Food.com's Note:
Inspired by a recipe from the Creme de Colorado cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 9 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, cubed
- 1Cook fettuccine and keep warm.
- 2In a large skilled, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 3Add parsley, shrimp, and vermouth. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until shrimp is pink. Don't overcook! Transfer to a small bowl.
- 4In same skillet, heat 3 tablespoons butter until melted. Reduce heat to low and add cream, parmesan, and red pepper flakes. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and sauce is smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 5Serve: Place fettuccine is a service dish; add shrimp then top with avocado. Toss gently.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Avocado Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.9
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 196.7 mg
- Sodium 697.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 19.4 g