Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
What do you get when you cross a scampi recipe and me? This recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup black truffle oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 20 asparagus spears, cut in 1-inch pieces to 3/4 of the way down spear. Discard remainder
- 2 minced garlic cloves, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 drops liquid smoke
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Spanish saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- Heat saute pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and butter.
- When butter melts, add the next 8 ingredients.
- Simmer 5-8 minutes.
- Add shrimp and the other 1 minced clove of garlic.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Add salt to taste (1/2 tspn).