Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe taken from Cooking Light magazine. I have not made this dish, but it sounds delish!!!!
Make and share this Shrimp and Artichokes over Parmesan Grits recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) package artichoke hearts, thawed
- 3 1⁄2 cups fat-free chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, large, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and artichoke hearts and saute 5 minutes. Add one cup chicken broth, shrimp and garlic and saute 6 minutes. Add oregano, zest, juice, salt and pepper. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Bring 2 1/2 cups chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Slowly stir in grits; reduce heat to low. Cook 7 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup grits into each of 4 bowls; top each with 1 cup shrimp mixture.
Loved this shrimp dish! I used canned artichokes, chopped a bit, instead of frozen; otherwise made as directed. I usually think of "shrimp and grits" to be more of a creole, spicy dish but the lemon/artichoke/oregano was a really nice flavor combination and great with the parmesan of the grits. Thanks for sharing your recipe!