Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy, healthy, and FAST. This is a great weeknight dinner adapted from Woman's Day magazine, although its elegant enough for a dinner party. Just make sure to do your prep work ahead of time, since this comes together quickly. Great served with peas/onions side dish.
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (can be cooked or uncooked, see steps for instructions for each)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth (can substitute half with white wine to increase flavor)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated fresh
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, squeezed fresh
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- While pasta cooks, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, shrimp (if using uncooked shrimp), and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper. Saute two minutes or until shrimp are barely pink and/or garlic is soft.
- Add broth and crushed red pepper. Increase heat to high.
- Add cooked shrimp (if not using uncooked shrimp in step 2).
- Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes (just one minute if you used uncooked shrimp earlier), until shrimp are warmed through.
- Stir in lemon peel and juice.
- Put the pasta in a serving bowl, add the remaining tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Add the shrimp mixture, parsley, and cheese (gradually so as not to clump up the cheese). Toss to mix and serve immediately.
The recipe has good potential, I felt more like I was making a soup than anything else though, and the lemon juice was a liiiiittle to bright for mine and hubby's taste. What I might do next time is make the lemon juice be 1/16c and the broth 1/2c. That might solve the brightness issue and soupiness, I believe it's a good recipe otherwise :)
I love this dish easy and so good! I added chopped tomatoes fresh basil and had asparagus as a side dish along with garlic bread , olive oil and balsamic Vinager for dipping bread in! Wonderful also some fresh mozzarella to. Sautaed tomatoes olive oil
It's good. Very bright lemon flavor but we love lemon so it was good for us. Very liquidy but it was great for swirling the noodles in the bottom of the bowl in.