Baby Shrimp Scampi and Angel Hair Pasta (Rachael Ray)
photo by Adrienne in Reister
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄3 lb baby shrimp, 300 count
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth or 1/4 cup white wine, eyeball it
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1⁄3 lb angel hair pasta, cooked to al dente
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Get your pasta water going.
- Start the scampi sauce when you drop your pasta into boiling water to cook.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil and melt the
- butter into it.
- Add shallots and cook a minute or 2, stirring constantly.
- Add lemon zest and shrimp and heat shrimp through, another minute or two.
- Add vermouth or wine and tomatoes. Toss another minute to heat the tomatoes through.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat evenly in sauce and to distribute the shrimp.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper and serve with chives to garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi, My name is Adrienne (Chef #514761) and I live in Reisterstown, Maryland USA with my husband Keith. We are now empty nesters after having raised our son and daughter. I work as a university administrator. My interests include metaphysical study, Reiki, angels, faeries, paranormal phenomena, Tarot and more. I also enjoy reading, writing, graphics design and I cross stitch too. :) <br /> <br />Favorite Quote: <em>I have never been contained except I made the prison. - Mari Evans</em></p>