Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This recipe was given to me in 1981 by a famous Chinese Cook. A very light but tasty broth like soup.
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese wine
- 5 cups water
- 4 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup bamboo shoot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon shredded fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup base or 1 chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 4 drops sesame seed oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon msg (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breasts on a grill until just done, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Shred chicken and place in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon of tapioca starch, light soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine.
- Pour mixture over shredded chicken, mix well and marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, soak Chinese mushrooms until soft.
- Shred or cut mushrooms very thin.
- In a large saucepan, add 5 cups of water; bring to boil.
- Add marinated chicken and marinate, shredded bamboo shoots, chopped green onion, shredded ginger root, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken soup base, salt, sugar, dark soy sauce, sesame seed oil, white pepper and Accent.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and 1/3 cup water until smooth.
- While soup is still boiling, add tapioca starch mixture to soup, stirring constantly until soup thickens slightly.