Recipe by shysavsianna
I like to add rice and a bean spread to the inside of my tortilla before I add the other ingredients. And then I like to spread cheese, and sour cream over the folded tortilla's. Lastly I sprinkle chopped green or regular onions, green chiles, and tomatoes over the top.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked beef or 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 12 flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender. Blend in flour. Stir in broth, milk, chilies, salt, and cumin.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minute stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Grease a 13 inches baking dish.
- Spoon a little in the center of each tortilla; spread to edges. Place about 2 T meat down the center of each tortilla. Combine cheeses; sprinkle 1-2 T on top of meat.
- Roll up tortillas and place in baking dish seam-side down. Pour remaining sauce over. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with sour cream and salsa.