1/1 Photo of Shoyu Chicken
Shoyu Chicken is a popular Hawaiian dish. It is often served with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika (optional)
- 5 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and paprika in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- 2Add the chicken thighs, and toss to evenly coat.
- 3Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 4Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 5Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade.
- 6Discard the remaining marinade.
- 7Grill the chicken thighs on the preheated grill until cooked through, about 15 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shoyu Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 157.0 mg
- Sodium 1509.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 39.9 g