Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy variation on tradition baked beans. Great for a cook-out
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large cooking onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 28 ounces baked beans (Preferably Bush's beans)
- Cook bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Brown beef and onion, drain.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except 2 tbsp of bacon.
- Place in casserole dish, top with bacon and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
My family LOVED these baked beans. I didnt even have any left overs for the next day. They were easy to make too!
Great beans!! These were very quick and easy, and very tasty. They are a nice change from traditional baked beans. My family devoured them and gave them 2 thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I'm glad that I chose this for Pick-A-Chef Fall '06.