Recipe by Sharon123
This can be used to stuff chicken, turkey, beef or pork chops. It's good enough to stand on it's own as a vegetarian dish! Adapted from a By Your Request card. If you love garlic, you might want to add some!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 6 cups sourdough bread cubes (1/2-inch)
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add celery, onion, and mushrooms and saute 10 minutes or unti the veggies are tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in bread cubes, parsley, thyme, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in broth to moisten bread.
- Spoon stuffing into lightly greased 3-quart baking dish. Bake 30 minutes or until the bread is golden and toasted.
- Serve and enjoy!