Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 medium shallot
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 10 medium shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups baby beet leaves or 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup shelled cooked edamame
- 3 green onions, chopped (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Whirl orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, miso, and shallot in a blender.
- With blender running, pour in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and the sesame oil and whirl 10 seconds. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add shiitakes and salt and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are browned, about 3 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, gently toss lettuce and beet greens with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- Top with shiitakes, edamame, green onions, and sesame seeds. Serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.