Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a woman I worked with. It is similar, yet different, from the other caviar-egg salads listed in Zaar so I thought I'd post it. *Note needs to harden in the refigerator so make a day before serving. Time listed does not include time to hard boil or the refrigeration time.
For the mold
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, mashed very fine
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the topping
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jar red caviar (Romanoff)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar black caviar (Romanoff)
- One day ahead of serving, mix the mold ingredients together and put it in a plastic container in the refrigerator to let it harden.
- The next day, before serving, remove container from the refigerator.
- Take a knife and loosen the mold from the edges and turn it onto a serving plate with enough extra room on the sides for the topping to add a little bulk.
- Cover the mold with sour cream.
- Add the caviar on top; drizzle it on the sides.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!