This is a "must have" on our Christmas dessert table, but it is equally as good any time of year, or for any occasion. Although I use berries, it is wonderful with all different fresh fruits, such as kiwi or peaches. It is also very versatile and can be layered with fruit in a parfait dish if you prefer, nestled in a puff pastry or dessert shell, or set in a mold. We always serve it in one large stemmed glass bowl. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place whipping cream, sugar, and gelatin in a sauce pan. Cook and stir over low heat until steam rises from the pan and gelatin is thoroughly dissolved. (If using a candy thermometer, it should read 160 degrees.)
- 2Stir in almond and vanilla extracts. Allow to cool (for about 10 minutes), then fold in sour cream until thoroughly combined.
- 3Pour into large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate from 1-4 hours to set properly.
- 4Before serving, sprinkle raspberries and blackberries over top.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sheila's Swedish Creme
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.4
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 148.5 mg
- Sodium 94.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g