Recipe by Stacey Sweet
This is so easy to make. Great addition to any pasta dish. Even better on freshly baked baguettes!
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter on low speed in a medium bowl with an electric mixer.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until the butter is smooth and uniform in colour.
- Form butter in a log shape using plastic wrap or place in a ramekin and cover tightly. Store in the regrigerator.