Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This pie is served at Shaker Village here in Kentucky as part of the dinner fare at the Trustee House. It is rich and creamy and delicious and if a whole pie is in the house with me around, it is in serious danger of turning up "missing".
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into very small pieces
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour and sugar and place in the bottom of the pie shell. Add the cream, vanilla, and the dots of butter. Sprinkle the top of the cream with nutmeg.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or firm. Cool completely and refrigerate before serving. Store in the refrigerator.