Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I found this in Better Homes - Cooking for 2 what year I do not remember. I like it because it is all done in a slow cooker and the broth is served Au-Jus (less work involved)
- Brown meat slowly on all sides in hot oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in slow cooker, set to low heat.
- Add water, cover and cook for 5 hours.
- Add carrots, onion and potatoes.
- Continue to cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with skimmed pan juices (do not thicken).