Pot Roast Lamb With Red Wine Herbs and Veg
photo by cakeinmyface
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 lbs leg of lamb
- 200 g onions (peeled and whole about 3)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300 g carrots (peeled and chopped into large chunks)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 3 teaspoons dried mint
- 3 teaspoons dried sage
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 750 ml red wine (general quaffing plonk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- put the lamb into a pot/ casserole dish/ so that there is is anug fit but there is enough room for the veggies.
- cut a cross in the top of each onion
- mix the wine herbs honey pepper garlic and oil together and marinade the lamb in it for an hour or overnight if possible.
- add the veggies to the the pot and preheat oven to gas mark 6 and put lid on. put in oven for 3 hours.
- half way through open and check it turn over teh lamb if the liquid does not totally cover it so that the top gets a good cooking in the liquid. you may need to top up the liquid with a little water at this stage.
- when done hack off chunks of the lamb into the liquid and serve with roast potatoes save nay leftover as you can turn them into a morrocan cous cous thingy which i will be posting shortly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!