Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
We have NO idea where this recipe got its name, but it is sinfully delicious. I never take it anywhere without taking several copies of the recipe with me, because someone always asks for it.
- 2 cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg (separated)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Flatten 1 pkg.
- of crescent rolls to cover the bottom on an ungreased 9X13 inch pan.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar, softened cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla& egg yolk until creamy.
- Spread over rolls.
- Unroll second package of rolls on top.
- They won't cover every little space, but that's okay.
- Mix egg white& 1/3 cup sugar.
- Pour over second layer of rolls.
- It also won't cover the whole thing, but just spread it around with a spatula to cover as much as you can.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes@ 350 degrees.
I'll have to admit it, I picked this recipe solely for the name!It was very easy to make.Even being half asleep I didn't have any trouble.It is very good. Inlaws said it was excellent. Next time I will let my cream cheese soften up some more(It was a little chunky yet) and I will use my mixer to make sure it is really smooth.Everyone gave me funny looks when I told them the name though!!
I made 1/2 a recipe (thank goodness). Too sweet and too rich! I've never used pillsbury crescent rolls before and even by itself, it tastes like a fast-food, prefab dough would/should. So, as an ingredient in this recipe, the whole thing was a real disappointment that I won't be making again.
took this to euchre saturday night and got rave reviews....real simple. made it with splendra and turned out great