Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net-no name is attached. I have no idea how many this makes so I'm going to guess.
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb butter, room temp
- 6 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- red, yellow and green food coloring
- 2 lbs dark chocolate, divided
- 1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves or 1 (18 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam (or 1 smaller jar of each)
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 (6 ounce) jar chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat eggs.
- Beat in the butter, almond extract, and flour.
- Mix in the sugar and baking powder.
- Divide into 3 bowls.
- In one bowl add the red food coloring.
- In one bowl add the yellow food coloring In the last bowl add the green food coloring.
- Spray a 12x18 inch pan with pam-bottom and sides.
- Spread red mixture in pan first.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until done.
- To remove from pan place parchment paper on top and flip onto a hard surface.
- Spread with half the preserves.
- Repeat baking process with yellow batter.
- Flip onto red jam layer.
- Repeat with jam on yellow layer.
- Repeat baking process with green batter.
- Place green layer on top.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler.
- Spread a even thick layer on top.
- Place in fridge to harden-this shouldnt take more than 15-20 minutes tops.
- Once hard remove and flip onto a hard surface and spread remaining chocolate on top and sides of product.
- Cover top with sprinkles.
- Place in Fridge until hard.
- With a hot knife cut into small cubes and serve.
This recipe is excellent. I have been using it for about 4 or five years now and they are a hit every time I make them!