Italian Seven Layer Cookies
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 12mins
- Grease 3 13 x 9 x 1 pans linwith waxed paper grease again set aside -- Mix almond paste,butter,sugar,egg yolks and almond extract -- Beat until fluffy -- Mix in flour.
- Beat eggwhites until stiff peaks form -- Fold into almond paste mixture using wooden spoon. (important).
- Separate into 3 bowls about 1 1/2 cups each -- Mix red coloring in one and green in another leave last batter color --
- Spread mixture in each pan bake @ 350 degrees until edges are golden and cake is firm in center -- aprox 10 to 12 mins --
- Remove from pans to cool -- Place green back on pan layer with hot preserves then top with white, layering with preserves finishing with red on top -- Place a sheet of waxed paper over top layer then place one of the pans on top bottom down -- Put weight on the top pan to compress and put in fridge for 8 hrs --
- Melt choc chips in micro stirring on occasion aprox 3 mins -- Spread over layer, refridge till set then repeat on other side -- Cut into 2 x 2 squares --
- ENJOY -- .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!