Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Les saisons de Clodine
Top Review by Chef Tweaker
Loved it! (although this is right up my alley for flavors so I knew I would). I omitted the rice vinegar and it seemed to do well without it. I actually added 2 tsp of orange blossom water as a replacement which gave a nice essence. I think 1.5 tsp would have been better though. Almost forgot to add that I boiled the sauce. You didn't mention it and I thought I would for those who are newbie cooks.
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce or 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, without skin and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients without salmon and sesame seeds.
- Skewer the salmon cubes on skewers.
- Put the skewers in the marinade and let marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the skewers from the marinade (keep it), then roll in the sesame seeds.
- Cook in oven 12 to 15 minutes. While the salmon is cooking, boil the marinade for a few minutes.
- When ready to serve, you can serve the skewers with the remaining marinade as sauce.