Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from Food Network Magazine with adjustments.
- 354.88 ml sushi rice or 354.88 ml arborio rice, cooked in vegetable stock
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- In small saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add sesame seeds and toast until golden. Don't walk away, or they will burn.
- Add the scallions, the sugar and salt.
- Combine with the cooked rice.
- At this point you could add any little servings of leftovers you might have in your fridge.
- I added some diced chicken tenders and green beans.
This was delicious Lori Mama. We really enjoyed this simple, quick and easy to make treat. I loved the flavor of the rice and added carrotes, shallots and green onions. It made a lovely meal served with Honey Garlic Chicken thighs and cucumber slices. Thanks for sharing this recipe which I will make again. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.
Yum! Easy and good, what more could I want? I used leftover rice. Thanks!