Recipe by Lori Mama
Taken from Food Network Magazine with adjustments.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was delicious Lori Mama. We really enjoyed this simple, quick and easy to make treat. I loved the flavor of the rice and added carrotes, shallots and green onions. It made a lovely meal served with Honey Garlic Chicken thighs and cucumber slices. Thanks for sharing this recipe which I will make again. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.
- 354.88 ml sushi rice or 354.88 ml arborio rice, cooked in vegetable stock
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add sesame seeds and toast until golden. Don't walk away, or they will burn.
- Add the scallions, the sugar and salt.
- Combine with the cooked rice.
- At this point you could add any little servings of leftovers you might have in your fridge.
- I added some diced chicken tenders and green beans.