Recipe by stormylee
Sweet and spicy chicken skewers. These are made in the oven and I have never tried grilling them, but can't see why it wouldn't work!
- 4 chicken breasts
- sesame seeds
- 4 -6 wooden skewers
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 100 ml water
- 75 ml sugar
- 3⁄4 inch fresh ginger, grated (2 cm)
- 50 ml chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breast into 4 long strips.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and marinate chicken strips in the refridgerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Wet wooden skewers and thread chicken strips onto skewers.
- Pour some of the marinade on the bottom of an ovenproof pan, place the skewers in the pan and sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.