Spicy Moroccan Chicken Skewers
A delicious kebab served over couscous with a dollop of Greek yogurt on the side. Recipe is from Cooking Light. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless (cut into 36 pieces)
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir in 1/8 teaspoons salt. Scrap mixture into a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours; turning after 1 hour.
- Immerse 12 (8-inch) wooden skewers in water; soak for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry,.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 3 chicken pieces, 1 pepper slice, and 1 tomato alternately onto each skewer, beginning and ending with chicken; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt. Arrange skewers on grill rack, coated with cooking spray, grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with yogurt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Totally delicious was our verdict, my Husband just looked at me and said this one is a keeper the flavour is wonderful, I followed the recipe exactly but only had 1 tablespoon of sambal Oelek left but it was hot enough for us. We served it with new potatoes and salads actually I would give it 5 1/2 stars but the rating does not go up that far.Reply
see 2 more