Recipe by SheCooksToConquer
This is from an old New York Times Natural Foods cookbook. It was my first husband's favorite meal. Don't have the husband anymore, but I kept the recipe! I usually double or triple the amount of sesame seeds.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 frying chicken, cut up (can also use thighs, breasts, or whatever you like best)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350�°F.
- Mix egg and milk together.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, paprika, and sesame seeds in a paper bag (recipe was written before "Ziploc" bags -- you can use either).
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then shake in bag.
- Place pieces skin side up on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle melted butter over chicken pieces.
- Bake about 1 hour, until done.