Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is an attempt to copy a wonderful sidedish that is served in one of my favorite Austin restaurants. After several experiments I believe my wife and I have succeeded in creating an exact copy. If you happen to be in Austin Texas stop by Stubb's and try theirs, then try mine and let me know what you think.
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 4 serrano peppers (pickled)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Thaw Spinach, rinse and squeeze out all remaining water by hand.
- Chop serrano peppers.
- Mix cream cheese, peppers, garlic, salt & pepper and heavy whipping cream with spinach.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes or until dish looks like it is cooked all the way through.
- Serve hot.
So tasty, so easy and kicked up! Best "creamed" spinach ever!
Thought this was GREAT! Recipe IS first rate! VERY helpful in last reviews, TRUE! Added 1/2 cup parm, 2 dried chopped chilli and seeds too! Added heaped spoonful of mariated roasted peppers drained, personal taste for me, LOVED there was no eggs in it to see! Mased with back end of a fork today! Am glad this recipe came my way! THANKS! PS Used canned spinach 410 grams, TRUE! Took moisture out as much as could with paper towels too! Moist and delicious, used low fat cream, This recipe is really a dream!
This was easy and quick to assemble. I added 1/2 cup grated cheese. It was very creamy and rich, but my husband didn't like it. Thank you for posting.