Recipe by Carianne
From a WW cookbook. Very tasty and quick. Low in calories and fat (chickpeas stretch the peanut butter flavor). Only 4 WW points per serving!
Top Review by duonyte
I thought this was tasty and it relies on things that I pretty much always have in the pantry, a plus. I changed the recipe around a bit. I started with step 2. I added the chickpeas and the peanut butter in at step 4, and simmered everything for probably 10 or 12 minutes to make sure the chickpeas heated through. I then took the stick blender to it. I used 1 tbl of curry powder and some red pepper flakes instead of the cayenne. I might use less broth or add a potato to this, it was just a bit thin for me. Might add just a bit more peanut butter. This is a very good soup for very little effort.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 inch minced gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes (can)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree chickpeas, 1/2 cup of broth, and peanut butter.
- Heat peanut oil in saucepan, saute onions and ginger root 7- 8 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and cumin, saute another minute.
- Add remaining broth, tomatoes, and chickpea puree.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with cayenne and sprinkle with cilantro.