Lee Ann #2's Note:
This is the original See's fudge recipe I found when I did a Google search HISTORICAL NOTE: Given to Amy DeVore by Emma Julian c. 1930, this is “supposedly” the original recipe for See's Fudge, produced by the See's Candy Company, Los Angeles. Emma allegedly worked for See's and later owned her own candy store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 4 1/2 cups sugar with one (1) can evaporated milk.
- 2Boil 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often (rolling boil).
- 3Mix together in a large bowl; 3 packages chocolate chips, 7 oz. jar marshmallow cream, 1/2 lb. melted margarine.
- 4Cream margarine and marshmallow together and add chocolate chips.
- 5Pour hot mixture over chocolate mixture.
- 6After chocolate has melted, add 2 cups of nuts and 1 teaspoons of vanilla, blend well, pour into buttered pans and chill in refrigerator.
- 7Cut into squares before firm.
- 8This recipe makes about 5 lbs of fudge.
- 9No one has attempted a calorie count, but it's estimated that each piece contains about 47 gazillion calories. Dieters, beware!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for See's Fudge Candy (The “ Original” Recipe!)
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.0
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 184.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 62.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g