Halloween Gravel (Fudge Candy)
photo by SweetsLady
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
2 1/4 pounds
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa, power (for coating)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (for coating)
- 1 -2 cup crushed chocolate cookies (optional)
- Line a 9x9-inch pan with foil; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir chips, canned milk, butter, vanilla and salt together over medium heat until melted.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in marshmallows just until blended. Spread mixture in foiled pan.
- With a thin metal spatula, swirl marshmallows through fudge until marshmallows are mostly melted. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until firm.
- After adequately chilled, scoop pieces of fudge with a small spoon and shape into small rocks. (The fudge will be sticky).
- Roll some of the fudge "rocks" in cocoa powder mixture and some in powdered sugar.
- Store rock candy in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- For a spooky graveyard scene, spread chocolate cookie crumbs on a platter. Arrange the rock candy on top, to resemble rocks in soil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!