Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm adding this Japanese recipe for ZWT 6.
- 1⁄2 cup wakame seaweed, hiziki or 1⁄2 cup arame seaweed
- 1 medium japanese cucumber (or English cucumber)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, soak the seaweed in cool water for 10 minutes.
- Put the seaweed into the boiling water, remove immediately, then plunge into the cold water.
- Dry the seaweed, trim any rough parts, and chop.
- Meanwhile, cut the cucumber in half length-wise. If there are lots of seeds, scrape them out. Slice as thinly as possible.
- Mix the cucumber and seaweed.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the vegetables.
- Chill up to 2 hours before serving.
I think I must have used the wrong type of seaweed, because it melted when I soaked it in the cold water. I still used the resulting mush, and it tasted good but the consistency was weird. I will see if I can find another type of seaweed to try it again.