Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from a cookbook called Cocina de la Familia. I serve this rice with Meatballs in Chipotle Sauce and Pepper Slaw.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice
- 1⁄4 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Warm oil in saucepan over med heat. When hot add rice and stir for about 10 minutes. Add onion and garlic, stir and cook about 1 minute.
- Add broth, bay leaf and salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat cover and let simmer for 15 mins until liquid is absorbed.
- Take off burner and let sit another 10 minutes.
- Rmove bay leaf and fluff with fork.
My wife, and me loved it, but our girls didnt like it as much...
Not all that impressed. The rice came out really soggy and squishy (user error maybe?) and the flavor was just kinda blah. I would add maybe some curry, or even some thyme and oregano.
Good- and the family ate it!! I thought it was a little greasy- but I'm not used to using chicken stock for making rice. Thanks for an alternative to the high sodium boxed rice!