This recipe is adapted from a submission by Sharon Roth in the Fairplay Wilderness Camp School cookbook in Westminster, SC. My son Anthony attended the camp from 2000-2002. These are great taken on camping and fishing trips as they keep well once cooled.
- 1 lb hard pretzel (one pound box large type pretzels)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard, warmed (or 2bleu's Sweet Mustard Sauce for Pretzels and More! for an added treat)
- Preheat oven to 325°F Break pretzels into bite size peices.
- Mix the garlic powder and dry dressing mix. Add oil and stir. Pour mixture over pretzels.
- Toss gently to coat then let stand 10 minutes. Stir again and let stand again for another 10 minutes.
- Spread on cookie sheet in a single layer and bake for 7 minutes.
- Turn pretzels and bake another 7 minutes. Serve with warm mustard.