Recipe by DoryJean54
Are you tired of throwing out all your stale bread? This is much cheaper then buying seasoned breadcrumbs!
Top Review by Micah and Shane's NaNa
Tried this recipe this morning for breadcrumbs for a mac and cheese topping. Loved it! I don't even have a food processor and used by blender (one slice of bread at a time!). The crumbs are delicious and now in my freezer for future use.
- 4 cups plain breadcrumbs (about 12 slices of dried bread will make four cups of crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt