Recipe by loof
This came from an old newpaper clipping - it's a yummy summery meal-in-a-bowl salad!
Top Review by MomLuvs6
I made it as written, except I forgot the frozen broccoli, so I added frozen peas, that I did not cook, but thawed. My family enjoyed this salad, but my husband did ask for me to make it again with the broccoli.
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni (small shells or elbows)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 3 tablespoons French dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain, rinse with cold water, and drain well.
- Toss macaroni with oil and lemon juice. Add celery, green pepper, and onions.
- Make dressing by combining yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, hot pepper sauce, and parsley. Toss with chilled macaroni. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cook broccoli until tender-crisp; drain and cool.
- Put shrimp and broccoli in a bowl and toss with French dressing. Cover and chill.
- About 1/2 hour before serving, add broccoli/shrimp mixture to macaroni and toss lightly. Chill until ready to serve.