Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this Ming Tai scallop recipe prepared on the Today show and I just had to try it. The pan seared scallops were definitely flavorful. These scallops were prepared for a dinner with great results.
- 8 large scallops, foot removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- canola oil, for cooking
- Have a saute pan over medium-hihg heat coated lightly with oil. Season the scallops and sear about 3 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- In same pan, add 1 teaspoon butter and sweat the shallots, ginger and carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and add thyme and stock. Simmer and reduce by half.
- Whisk in butter, check for seasoning and adjust. Plate the scallops and sauce.
I had to exchange the wine and chicken stock for water and additional herbs. Likewise, I had to switch olive oil in place of butter.
It still worked out okay.